3.10.2011

Food Journal: Day Two

Hey everyone,

Here is Day Two of my week-long food journal.  I'll admit, I could have done better today by eating more fruits and vegetables, but Thursdays are tough for me because I go non-stop, job to job.  To make things worse, by the end of my shift at the restaurant my left lats and teres major were spasming is pain.  I was sore from my workout and then carried a heavy serving tray with my left hand all night.  I strained  my muscles pretty good and with the throbbing pain I wasn't really focused on eating right.  Oops.  Not cool on the second day of my food journal, but I promised myself I would be honest with all of you.  We have to be honest with ourselves if we are ever going to become better.  I want to find my weaknesses so I can make them stronger.  So, with all this in mind, here is my food journal today.

Take care,

Monica


I started the day with coffee and peppermint mocha creamer.  I didn't get much sleep so I needed an insta-pick-me-up.


My boyfriend made us smoothies when he woke up.  He blends frozen strawberries, a banana, an orange, vanilla yogurt, apple juice, ground flax and ice until it looks like this.   It's yummy!

I needed to grab something quick inbetween jobs, so I grabbed a protein shake and an apple to eat on my way to work. 

I told you I was in love with this pizza!  I started with 2 slices...

...but decided to have one more.  I didn't eat any of my crusts though.


I had Starbursts again tonight...

and an oats 'n dark chocolate granola bar.  This seemed to satisfy my sweet tooth tonight. 

I grazed a little tonight too, and ate a few bites of leftover pasta marinara and a few bites of my boyfriend's Rice Krispy treat.  I think I was eating to feel good tonight, to counteract the pain.  That was  a bad habit of mine I had to break, but funny how those old bad habits like to sneak back up on you when you're distracted.  That's why we need to remind ourselves to

Be Strong~Be Powerful~Be Focused
















No comments:

Post a Comment