3.13.2011

Food Journal: Day Five

Hi everyone!

Well today I had a relatively light eating day.  I strongly believe that instead of counting calories, we really just need to listen to our bodies.  We need to listen to our bodies tell us what and how much to eat.  On some days, I eat a little more, and on other days I eat a little less.  Overall I eat what I need.  I always stop eating right when I'm starting to feel satisfied.  My personal rule is to eat until I'm 80% full.  I had one person I told this to ask me, "What does 80% full feel like?  Either you're hungry or you're full right?"  Well, to me this sounds like a person who is eating too fast.  Take your time when you eat.  Notice how you feel throughout the meal, how your stomach stops growling and starts to slowly settle.  Notice how your mood lifts just a little and how you feel more energy.  Listen to your body.  Your body will tell you what you need.  You will probably be surprised how little you need.

Be Strong~Be Powerful~Be Focused
Monica

I had my standard coffee and oatmeal, but added dried cranberries to my oatmeal to spice it up a little.  Ooh, I'm living on the edge!

I had a hard-boiled egg and an apple for a snack at the shop later. 
Protein + Carbs = An Energizing Satisfying Snack


String Cheese: A quick source of protein and low in fat.


We went out to dinner tonight to one of my favorite Italian joints-amazing food, and the kind of ambience that makes you half-expect to see a mob boss at the next table.  Before dinner, I had a few slices of the French baguette dipped in infused oil, and I drank two glasses of pinot grigio throughout dinner.  I ordered the Insalata Spinace and the Penne Massimo and only ate about 1/3 of each.  They were both incredible-orgasms in your mouth! 

The Insalata Spinaci is a bed of spinach topped with carrots, mushrooms, bacon, hard-boiled egg and topped with a poppy seed dressing.


The Penne Massimo was a tomato-alfredo sauce with sundried tomatoes, italian sausage and basil over penne.  To die for. 

 
I told you I didn't eat all of it!  I boxed up the leftovers for later!


And for the evening sweet tooth, I indulged in 1 1/2 small packages of Red Vines.  Hey, at least it was the small package. ;-)
(Could not get this photo to rotate for the life of me, sorry!)


No comments:

Post a Comment