3.12.2011

Food Journal: Day Four

Hi everyone,

Here is today's food journal.  This journal is proving to be very helpful.  I'm starting to recognize patterns in my behavior.  There are good things about the way I eat, like how I eat oatmeal in the morning and keep my portions small.  There are also things that could improve, like I need many more fruits and veggies in my diet.  I had thought I was eating more fruits and vegetables than I do.  On some days I do eat plenty of them, but it isn't consistent enough to be considered a good habit.  I think it's a good idea for anyone to track what they're eating for a week or so.  One of my favorite sayings is

Failure finds success in adjustment.

Sometimes all it takes is a tweak here and a tweak there to turn a failure into success.  This week has been an eye opener for me because even though I eat better than I used to, 40 lbs. ago, I can see there is room for improvement.  I know that if I were to include better foods in my diet, I would feel even better.  This is something I will be working on. 

I hope this is helpful!

Monica 





I was running late and needed something quick, so I had some organic maple and brown sugar instant oatmeal and a cup of coffee with peppermint mocha creamer.
 
I had a protein shake a little later at the shop to tide me over for a little while. 


I finally managed to get my hands on some fruit and ate an apple and an oats 'n honey granola bar.  The carbs from this little snack kept me going a while longer.


Oops!  I forgot to take a picture!  I had some takout from a restaurant in the evening: a small side Caesar salad and two chicken egg rolls with a little teriyaki for dipping.

A little later I had a Healthy Choice Fresh Mixer, the Zesty Marinara Rotini.  Now I'll be honest.  These aren't really that good.  That being said, they're not bad and they are a "healthy" option with their whole wheat pasta and low calories.  However, what I would like to do is start making big batches of homemade healthy pasta and storing them in tupperwares to go. 
 


When my sweet tooth took hold, I first intended only to eat this much candy...


...and ended up eating this much more. :)



Before bed, my tummy was a little grumbly and I hate going to bed on an empty stomach.  So I had a childhood favorite, a banana sandwich.  Toasted whole grain bread with Land O Lakes Light Canola Oil Butter and a smushed up banana.  Yummy.


And like every other night this week, I had to have an oats 'n dark chocolate granola bar.






No comments:

Post a Comment