3.13.2011

Before and After

Hey everyone,

I've hesitated to post before and after pictures of myself because, frankly, it's embarrassing.  I'm embarrassed that I ever let my body reach 174 lbs., that I let it get soft and mushy, that I used to barely be able to climb a hill without running out of breath.  I'm embarrassed that I lacked self-control and will power to the point of eating multiple packages of sweets a night.  I'm embarrassed that I stopped taking care of myself. 

On the flip side, I'm incredibly proud of my transformation.  I had stopped believing in myself and by keeping this promise to myself, the promise to take care of my body, I regained confidence in myself.  Not only do I enjoy the view in the mirror now, but by regularly exercising, I have transformed my emotional well-being as well.  The mind-body connection is real and by taking care of your body you will build a stronger mind.  

I finally decided to post this because I am experiencing an injury right now.  I overdid my first workout on my new dip bar, then worked a busy night at the restaurant.  I carry my serving tray with my left hand and as a result I strained my teres major and lats on the left side.  I'm in a lot of pain and can't work out.  It's driving me bonkers not to be able to be active, but I know my body needs rest.  I am looking at my before and afters to remind myself that I need to be active as soon as possible because it is definitely worth it to keep focused and disciplined.  You have to keep yourself motivated even during the slumps, like an injury.  You must always find ways to inspire yourself.  Even during this injury, I will still be as active as possible, which means walking.  Walking may be a lower intensity exercise, but it is incredibly beneficial to us.  Our bodies were made to walk.  Walking aids digestion, raises our heart rate, and calms the mind.  

I hope you all find a way to inspire yourselves today.

All the best,
Monica  

No comments:

Post a Comment