3.11.2011

Food Journal: Day Three

Hi everyone,

Here is the third day of my week-long food journal.  I managed to get a good variety of food into my diet today which is a great goal to strive for.  You want to include as many colors in your diet as possible.  It is also important to include lean protein and fiber, which I managed to include today. Today is a great food day in my opinion. 

Take care,

Monica


I started the day with coffee and peppermint creamer and a bowl of organic brown sugar and maple  instant oatmeal.  Oatmeal is a great source of fiber!


For lunch I had a gyro at my favorite Greek place.  Gyros were one of my secrets during my weight loss.  They are healthy quick meals that you can take to go if you need to.  I have mine on a whole wheat pita and they are stuffed with lamb, brown rice, feta cheese, onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, and tzaziki sauce which is made from Greek yogurt which is full of health benefits. 


I had a big salad for an early dinner.  I made it with green leaf lettuce, hard-boiled egg, tomatoes, carrots, raw natural almonds, dried cranberries, mozzarella cheese and topped it with Lite Northern Italian dressing.  This salad is very filling and packed full of nutrients and vitamins.


I made some delicious pasta later in the evening for my boyfriend and I.  It is made with multi-grain noodles, a tomato-based sauce, and is full of sauteed onions and garlic.  I can't tell you anymore about this secret recipe...top secret. :)


And once again, my candy choice of the week, a Starburst and...


...an oats 'n dark chocolate granola bar.  Again.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment