4.26.2011

Inspire Yourself!



Hi everyone!

As you all might have figured out by now, I'm always looking for new sources of inspiration to stay on track with my healthy lifestyle.  Living in a society with so many bad health habits, I think it is imperative that we search out role models and support.  If we don't have flesh and blood friends who can play this role yet, then we can find plenty of sources on the internet!  I have a short list of my favorite blogs to the right, and am always looking for new fitness friends with blogs, or on facebook, and even in "real life!"  I have found, recently, that I am making more and more health and fitness buddies.  Even some of my old party friends are finding their way to a healthier lifestyle which makes me incredible happy, not only for them but also because now we can be active together!  It didn't happen right away.  I was living a healthier lifestyle all by my lonesome for about a year before I started getting real support outside my home.  Thank goodness I have an amazing, supportive, health-conscious (most of the time) boyfriend to keep encouraging me, but most of my will had to come from inside of myself for a long time.

If you are on your own right now and in need of support, keep coming back to PhilosophyFit for daily inspiration, and check out some of the blogs in my blog roll.  Also, join my Facebook page where I have more fitness friends I stay in touch with! 



For now, you will enjoy this post from my friend, Kristie's, blog "Life...According to KiKi."  She writes about her personal journey back to health and how listening to her body's needs is much more effective than counting calories or points.  She also gives some great tips to keep you satiated and energized throughout the day!

Stay inspired, Philosophers!

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment