4.08.2011

Cardio Ballroom Today!



Hey guys,

Today I did Julianne Hough's Cardio Ballroom.  I always look forward to this workout!  This is the DVD that jumpstarted my weight-loss journey.  On days when I didn't feel like working out because it was soooooo haaaard, this workout actually helped me get my butt into my workout clothes and get in front of the TV, simply because it is so much fun!  I have always loved to dance, so if you love to go to the club or just dance in your bedroom, then this one is for you!

When I first started this DVD, 40 lbs. ago, I would place a mirror in front of the TV and watch myself dance.  I looked at all of the fat hanging over my pants.  I looked at all of the places that were pudgy and dimply.  I examined my body everyday in that mirror, because I wanted to notice even the slightest changes in my body.  Pretty soon I saw a difference.  Then I felt the difference.  At first, I couldn't make it through this entire video.  I would stop all the time.  Pause was my favorite button on the remote!  But pretty soon I could get through the first segment without stopping, then the second, and one day I could get through the entire DVD without stopping!  And NOW, this is my "easy" workout, reserved for days when I want a moderate workout that will loosen up my back.

I tell you this to let you know that, no matter where you are in your fitness journey, if you stick with it and practice consistency, then pretty soon the movements that are sooooo challenging to you will feel effortless...I promise!  You just have to move.  Move everyday.  Remember, if you don't move it, you lose it!  And be patient with yourself if you don't look how you want to look right now, or if you don't feel how you want to feel.  Practice your daily discipline and soon the results will follow.

Let this workout empower you today!  Be focused!

Monica

Check out the trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment