6.21.2011

Kick Off Weight Loss with a Cleanse

This is the cleanse I have used for the past few years
and I'm very happy with my results.  There are many cleansing
products for you to choose from on the market, however. 
In truth, you don't even need a commercial cleanse. 
It is possible to cleanse with a juice fast also.

Hi Philosophers!

I know I have been MIA for over a week now, but I'm back!  I have been ridiculously busy with work and have barely had a free second for anything.  I was finally able to get a massage today (I have to get them or else my back will erupt in fiery spasms of pain) and my therapist's exact words to me, as his elbow was jammed inbetween my shoulder blades, were, "What did you do to yourself this week?!  You're like a rock!"  Stress will wear your body down one way or another.

In that vein, I have been thinking about starting a cleanse for this past week, and finally decided I will be starting tomorrow.  With all of those nasty little stress toxins running rampant in my body, now is the perfect time for me to do this.  Cleansing is one of the most beneficial things you can do for your body.  It is recommended that you cleanse for 3 days each month and for 1-2 weeks per year.  Think of your body like a car.  You need to get a regular oil change to clean out those pipes or else the insides of your car would be packed with sludge and wouldn't run as well.  Your body is the same way.  All kinds of sludge accumulates in your colon unless you clean it out.  Doing this can prevent colon cancer, helps your body uptake vital nutrients, increases your energy, clears up your skin, and gets all of your organs working more efficiently.  As an added bonus, a more efficient digestive system will make it easier for you to lose unwanted pounds!

It is important to remember that you are probably not going to feel very good during the cleansing process.  Expect to feel tired and a little worn down.  This is because toxins are being purged from your body.  Make sure to drink a lot of water during your cleanse.  Another helpful tip is to pour about 2-3 cups of epsom salt into a bath and soak for 20 minutes.  The epsom salt will draw the toxins out of your body and help you feel a little better.  Whatever you do, just get through the week.  It may not feel very good while you're doing the cleanse, but you will feel so much better afterward, just like your car purrs like a kitten after an oil change.

My cleanse starts tomorrow.  This also means a re-commitment to clean eating.  It is very important to eat whole, natural, UNprocessed foods during a cleanse, or else you're just back pedaling.  I will be focusing on eating 4-6 times a day.  They will be smaller portions (since I'm eating more often) centered around protein and lots of vegetables.  Complex carbs like brown rice and whole grain pasta are perfect for giving me energy earlier in my day.  I will be going into more detail about diet soon, because in the next week or so I will be focusing on losing my last 10 lbs. so stay tuned...

Eat clean, Philosophers, and cleanse the nasties away!

Monica



No comments:

Post a Comment