1.27.2011

The New Way to Drink Coffee

I love my coffee.  I mean, I REALLY love my coffee.  I used to spend $300 a month on fat free vanilla lattes.  16 oz.  When I started my journey to health, I happened to be cleaning up my financial life as well.  Cutting out the lattes only made sense: I would be saving $300 month and cutting down drastically on sugary syrups and unnecessary calories.  I started drinking one cup of coffee a day, brewed at home in the morning, and always with a delicious flavored creamer--French vanilla, pumpkin spice, and peppermint mocha are my favorites.  I know the flavored coffee creamers are bad for me.  They are full of chemicals.  They might be low in calories, but they are a fake, processed food that should have no place in your diet.  I know this.  I do.  But I don't care.  I drink them anyway.  I figure I did good enough cutting back as much as I have and...sometimes you just have to cheat and throw caution to the wind!


Meanwhile, while I'm rationalizing my bad behavior, a friend of mine came up with a genius solution.  Instead of using French vanilla creamer, use a vanilla flavored soy or almond milk and a packet or two of stevia.  It tastes just a little different and might take a little getting used to, but think of the benefits.  Instead of ingesting chemicals every morning, you are giving your body real natural foods and some protein to top it off.  I have to admit I really like the almond milk/stevia mix.  Try it out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment