7.07.2011

My Grocery List



This post is for those of you who are still trying to eat more nutritious foods as a part of your everyday life.  Nutrition is 80-90% a part of the equation when it comes to looking and feeling like a rockstar.  It took me about two years to fully change my diet for the better.  Now eating good-for-me foods is a natural part of my routine.  I don't even have to think about it.  Eating well is a habit.  This is how I know I will not be a yo-yo dieter, and I hope this is the route the rest of you go down too.

This is my actual grocery list that I put together without thinking I was going to post it, so you can get an idea of what eating a balanced, healthy diet looks like.  Obviously, I have more than this in my fridge and pantry--this is just what I ran out of this week.  Take a look...

Grocery List
F & V's
lettuce
tomatoes
baby carrots
corn on the cob
apples
bananas
onions
strawberries
blueberries
watermelon
peppers
frozen strawberries
veggie stir fry mixes (pre-packaged)
veggie medleys (pre-packaged)
apple sauce
apple juice
any other seasonal f & v's that look good

Protein
almonds
pecans
protein bars
eggs
chicken breasts
grilled chicken strips
ground beef
hamburger patties
Canadian bacon
Tillamook cheddar slices
feta cheese
yogurt cups
pint of vanilla yogurt

Grains
multi-grain bread
brown rice
whole wheat pitas
whole wheat thin hamburger buns
oats 'n dark chocolate granola bars

Other
salad dressing
Yoshida's Gourmet Sauce
coffee
stevia
ground flax seed
epsom salt
extra virgin olive oil

No comments:

Post a Comment